While our shared values are critical to our success, our differences are just as important. Our unique backgrounds and experiences lead to unique perspectives and innovative ideas.
Diversity and Inclusion is a main focus at OnDeck. We aim to improve overall representation and advance our culture where all team members share a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
To build a more diverse and inclusive OnDeck, we're taking a well-rounded approach through talent attraction in underrepresented communities, transparency on reporting key D&I metrics, special training, and creating team member opportunities to drive progress, accountability and belonging.
Initiatives we've launched to promote Diversity & Inclusion are:
- D&I surveys and focus groups to collect insights and drive new actions and change
- D&I Council made up of OnDeck team members to hold the company accountable for advancing D&I initiatives
- Affinity Groups to strengthen connections with other team members, explore new interests, share passions and raise awareness about things that are important to our team members
- Company-wide celebrations & panel discussions for awareness months and special national and international days
- Partnerships with diverse talent communities
- Specialized team member training to uncover and reduce unconscious bias
- Deck Mates, a program that pairs new hires with an OnDeck team member to foster a better sense of belonging and understanding of our organization